I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow and I love coming up different idea for handmade gifts. I've already been "hired" to make a diaper bag, so I thought I'd put together a couple accessories and purchase the "equipment" that needed to go with it. Here is my Duo Pocket Changing Pad! And uhemm, I stayed extra late to put together a tutorial for you as well. The photo to the left is full with 4 diapers and a pack of wipes. I considered adding a narrow/long slide pocket as well for a tube of cream. Still contemplating that one. Maybe another time. The difference between mine and the next guys is the two pocket thing. I found a business called Wipesout on etsy who makes these with a side entrance for the wipes. She makes them accesible from either end of the folded up changing pad for easy access when needing to clean messy hands and faces. I thought that was a great idea but I didn't like it being open on both ends. So, I came up with a slightly different design. On this version, the wipes are accessible from one end and you don't have to unfold the whole clutch just to get to the wipes. So...what do you think?
2. Pin these two pieces of fabric right sides together and sew all the way around leaving a 5” hole for turning.
4. Topstitch using a ¼-1/8” seam allowance. While topstitching, you should catch the hole that was used for turning the piece right side out.
5. Use a wipes case for measuring how much to fold up. You want this pocket to be rather snug so the wipes don't fall out. Lay the rectangle with the pattern fabric down. Place the wipes container on one side of the rectangle and fold the fabric over it. Make sure it fits snuggly and then pin in place. This is your first pocket.
9. On the opposite side, where you have the open side of the pocket you'll sew through two layers. Place a pin where you'll start sewing. Sew this side of the pocket in place making sure to backstitch at both ends.
10. Toss in some wipes, diapers and desitin and head out to the baby shower that you just made this gift for!